Villa Era is situated on the hills of Vigliano Biellese
The Villa, commissioned by the Magnani family, impresarios from the Valle Cervo, was built between 1884 and 1888 by the architect Petitti of Turin.
Ermanno Rivetti, a captain of industry from Biella, bought Villa Era in 1935. It has belonged to the family ever since. The Villa was built on the site where an older building, believed to date back to the 18th century, used to stand.
Villa Era, surrounded by the lush greenery of the garden, consists of one main structure fronted by an impressive raised portico. Perfectly preserved original decorations, designs and frescos can be found in all the rooms on the ground floor. The facade displays numerous classical embellishments, such as the portico's architrave and frieze, the Doric columns and the pediments on the windows.
The historic vineyard that produced the famous Spanna wine of Vigliano, "Villa Era", is situated on the hill just north of the Villa. The owners are continuing the tradition of wine making after completing an extensive renovation project centred round the vines and soil.